Friday - 09 Ziqaad 1427 - 10 Agrahayana 1928 - 01 December 2006

Wow. Karachi finally seems to be getting what might be called the most slight hint of a winter. At last. And like the piece of straw one grabs it while sinking I am absolutely loving this weather.

In addition I have learnt that tea goes excellently with a smoke if you are standing on top of your office building and seeing the world go by underneath that strangely cracked ledge where I stand and feel like I am going to fall and die any day now and upon realizing this promised myself to stop doing this from now on. Yes, I realized, horrifyingly long sentences. I can remember my English teacher tell me - Jalal, a comma is used when you need a small breath, a full stop when you need a long breath, remember that.

If only he were to see this he would tear his hair out and feel sorry for me and for not being able to teach proper Enlish to Pakistani students and hence failing in the greatest quest for human development since Faiz Ahmed Faiz decided to improve the status and state of humanity is this startlingly insane part of the world we call Pakistan.

Another long sentence. I can feel the cane coming smashing down on my desk and the statement " Yes, you can go to have a drink of water, but you may not." or "Hoome, Hoome, not Hoo."

It is only because of him and our completely psychotically obsessively insane Urdu teacher that I can actually say that I can speak both English and Urdu to quite a corrent extent.

Oh, and yes, Pakistanis who can not speak both languages properly, and who seem to have had a reasonable education, are judged by me. I judge them, and I will continue to, I dont care what you think, I wil judge them, I will kick them, I might sleep with them, but I will judge them.

Now go to sleep and stop bugging me about how you think things should be. I have already declared how I want them to be and that is how things stand.

Oh and yes, my friend AA is a stupid fat pig; and MT is a stupid fat pink pig; and HH is a stupid fat pink ugly pig!

1 Comments:

At 08:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those aren't very nice things to say about your friends Jalal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|