Tuesday -- 22 Rabi us Sani 1426 -- 10 Jyaistha 1927 -- 31 May 2005

So much news. So many rumours. So many sights. So many thoughts.

Yet again my city burns as I sit here writing. Yet again my city burns as I sit here thinking about what is going on. Yet again, I sit here, with my keyboard and a raging storm of thoughts and no other way to express them.

Yet again I crossed the bridge between Lasbela and Golimar. Yet again I crossed the Naizmabad flyover. Yet again I crossed the flyover between Nazimabad and North Nazimabad. All one hour before sunset. The sun grazing the tops of the houses. A sun clouded in a strange way. The sun not shadowed by the clouds but dead and inert without any light.

Yet again I crossed the shops in New Challi, Electronics Market, Bunder Road, Gurumandar, Golimar and North Nazimabad. But this time I did not feel irrtated by the excessive noise and congestion there. I was saddened by the lack of it. Shop after shop closed. Closed. Closed. Closed. Like the ruins of a once prosperous city.

It just hurts to see something one holds so dear. So close. So beloved. To be so badly poised. It hurts it hurts it hurts. Like the tear on a childs face hurts the mother. It hurts it hurts it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|