Friday -- 08 Muharram 1426 -- 29 Magha 1926 -- 18 February 2005

I had a very eventful and exciting day today.

Actually, I had another fight with my mother. And yes, all of you who read it haveto get involved. I really hate it when people do not want to get involved in such things, specially if they dont take my side. So, at the end of my story you have to take sides. You are either with me or against me. Mankind is divided on the basis of those you support me and those who support my mother.

First, let me tell you the basis of the argument. We are thinking about shifting to some neighbourhood closer to the city centre. Now, obviously, like all normal situations, we have a certain range that we can buy our house in. And, also obviously, like all normal situations, despite this being about our family, I know the range and so does my mother. Now, she is bent upon buying a house in a neighbourhood called Defence. For a million reasons I am completely against living in that area. And, thankfully for me, prices in that area are double of what we can afford.

Now, let me tell you why I am angry. For the last one and a half year we have not been able to spend any money on our current house because everytime I tell my parents that we are living in a hole in a cave my mother tells me that since we are moving we should not spend too much on this house. So basically our house has ended up looking like one of the more dilipidated buildings belonging on lists of international ancient heritage locations. But, we cannot spend anything here, because, oh, we are moving!

We have seen a large number of houses in Defence, large enough to know that we cannot afford a house in that area even if we sold our souls to the devil at higher rates of interest than the ones currently prevalent in the market. The only thing would be for me to cut my stomach open and sell my organs for rates much higher than otherwise. Oh, something like 500 times more.

Today I had a fight with her, I was begging her to think about places that we can afford, and she said, you are right, we should look, but there is no hurry, we will look at those places after I see these 14 Gagillion 98 Bazillion other houses in Defence first.

I snapped.

I went to our store. I picked up our huge collection of cardboard boxes that my father had told me to get rid off one year ago. And I ripped them all open. With my bare hands. One by one. Into tiny shreds. Until there were none large enough to be held in my hands. Then I sat down on the pile and laughed a loud, hollow, high pitched laugh for a long, long time. Then I started talking to myself and my self protection mechanism kicked in and I started joking with myself. I lead such a wonderful life full of psychological disorders who are there for me whenever I need them.

After a while I realized my anger was not over yet. I collected all of the fuzzy, white, cute packing material and I started to stamp it with my feet. There was malice, there was anger, there was rage and there was madness. After stomping them until they were too small to be stomped into paper thin crusts I sat on the pile and laughed a loud, hollow, high pitched laugh for a long, long time. Then I started talking to myself and my self protection mechanism kicked in and I started joking with myself. I lead such a wonderful life full of psychological disorders who are there for me whenever I need them.

After a while I realized my anger was not over yet. So I got a big, strong, sturdy, wooden stick and went to the boxing bag that noone in our family has ever used since we put it in place one year ago. Then I started to whack it. Hard, harder, hardest. There was a growing rush in my veins as the sound of my anger grew in my ears. It was a dull thump thump, thump thump at first but it rose it the beat of drums. Drum drum, Drum drum. Then when the feverish pitch of my madness had reached its heights and I was afraid my brain would just pop out of my nose the sitck broke and the bag burst. I fell down on the wood shavings, sand and cotton on the floor. This time I did not laugh. I just kept thinking about what I had just done.

Then everyone came into the room and took me to my bed and gave me a lot of sedatives. Since they all know that I never get angry and when I do I never remain angry. Of course they also know that my mother is the only person on the planet who can make me angry. So, what the hey. At least I cleaned up the cardboard boxes and the packing material, and I worked up a sweat. So all is good. My family is turning me into a lunatic. I behaved in a way that I can never ever explain. But, all is good. Oh, and such wonderous news, she is going to look at houses tomorrow. I am so happy.

So, how was your day today? Anything interesting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|