Sunday -- 02 Ramazan 1425 -- 25 Asvaj 1926 -- 17 October 2004

Wow! Today was a LONG LONG Roza (fast). I mean how long can a day get. I mean, sunset, come on already.

It came to a situation where mom finished making the aftari (post fast meal) about 10 mins before the Maghrib Azaan (Call to prayer precisely at sunset). So we were all sitting at the table and looking at the food. A hell lot of food since everyone had been cooking all day. For lack of something better to do. I actually spent 10 minutes today sitting in front of food and deciding how to eat food.

People have written Essays on which their lives depended with less forethought. I was actually definiting my culinary experience to the bite. Eg - "one bite of c becaue it is salty then a bite of e because it is slughtly sweet then some h because of its nice taste ... and on and on and on ...

Needless to say that as soon as the sound of the Azaan came to my ears I started eating with such haste that all form or format to the eating ritual was put aside.

What the hell is wrong with me?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|