17 Rabi us Sani 1425

A good mouse and a good keyboard are necessities of the post industrial human. Just as water, food, shelter and clothing were those of the hunter /gatherer / agricultural/ industrial man. I unfortunately don't have either that are good or that are working properly.

The Keyboard is specially adept at typing extra characters. Usually i, h, k, s and n are typed as doubles. Not a very pretty sight, trust me. In addition the shift key likes to keep pressed and I have to bang on it for it become unpressed. In addition the Caps Lock key decides on its own when to sudden magically get pressed. To top all these wonderful condiments of the prince of darkness 4s and 6s appear in the text for no reason what so frikking ever.

The Mouse is another minion of the lord of darkness. It will work properly for precisely three seconds (or much much longer if I am trying to show someone that the mouse is not working). Then it will show problems in all of its actions. The mouse pointer will not move according to the movement of the mouse. It has a will of it's own. Most probably given to it by the powers of the rightist extremists who consider computers a corruption for the young muslims who should only learn how to kill and main and become violent pigs like all the other bearded animals on our streets. But, I digress.

Deep breaths Jalal. In. Out. In. Out. You are a sane man Jalal. You are a sane man. They are also human. They are also human. Deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out. You are a sane man Jalal. You are a sane man. Now remembeb, they are also human. Albeit semi human but they are also human. You are a sane man.

I am sorry. I needed a break to be able to talk about the mouse again.

The buttons of the damned thing do not click until I bang them properly 3 - 4 times. The mouse wheel is the worst of all the things. It will work as you want it to. That at least I have to accept. But once I leave it. It has a choice of its own. It goes up or down by its own choice.

I told you all about this because it took me a very very long time to write this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|