26 Safar 1425

Yesterday I posted about talking to someone who is extrememly sleep. Today I will post about talking to someone preparing for the GRE.

You get used to talking to certain people on a daily basis. You get so used to talking to them that you can immediately notice that something is not right from a minute change in their choice of words or sentence structure. Suddenly you notice that they have started to use heavy words started with 'A'. And completely inappropriately.

Examples would include "Jalal why are you being so acerbic today", "Jalal your acrimonious remarks made me laugh" and so on and so forth. This sudden change took me aback. I immediately went to meet him and ask him if he was ok. If everthing was ok with him family. He was confused and he asked me why I am asking him that. When I said the list of A words - I was saying this and I saw the GRE book and I suddenly said ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. He said that he uses those words all the time. But I knew the truth and I had evidence.

I immediately asked him when he started the word list. He said he did not know what I was talking about. We looked at each other. We smiled. I walked out triumphant. Just as I was in the door he said "I bet you dont know the meanings of those words". Since I have an obsession to get the last word I retorted with "I know then well enough to know that your usage was wrong".

I got the vocabulary, I got the last word, I got the stud attitude.

A reminder that I have an Urdu Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|