8 Muharram 1425

Today I have finally learnt how to type Urdu in text form rather than making pictures for my urdu blog. This makes me very happy.

I know about two other people who started to use Urdu on their blogs. The first Urdu blogger was Umair . I saw Umair's blog and started my own Urdu blog. Now I noticed an Urdu blog of another friend Zack . Zack has also made an Urdu Webring .

To many of you out there this might not seem like a big deal. But it is. Urdu (Urdu + Hindi) is a language spoken as a first language by about 450 million people and it is understood by more than 1 billion people worldwide. And it is completely under represented on the net. So this thing is a big step for me.

So I will be changing over the material on my blog for picture to Unicode. The font is horrible but you have to bear with me.

A regular reminder that my Urdu blog is here. Where I have started to try to teach Urdu as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|