I was listening to Abida Parveens songs today. I realized that there is a complete tradition of this devotional / mellow / mystical music in Pakistan. Including Qawwalis and Ghazals and other musical forms. They all have a similar flow of rhythm. A slow and steady increase. That is supposed to coincide with the growing level of 'Wajd'(Trance) that the listener encounters. Well I always get a strange feeling when I sway my head like the mystics do at Mazars and Mosques to such songs. It is slightly surreal. Well I am going to get a collection of such songs and have a session of a few hours. I dont know what it will lead to but I think I have to try.

I have seen that India (read south asia) is a land of spirituality. Yoga, Music, Rituals and the feel of the land and the people. It all allows for a lot of spirituality. I am from this land and I have been fed this culture and civilization slowly all my life. And I feel it. I think I am going to try and find out this side of myself.

I also this that capitalism is not the perfect system that Uncle Tom shows it to be. It is very dehumanizing. It deals with robots and not humans. It is despiritualizing. It doesnt deal with the reality that humans have a soul and a body and that you cannot give them money and luxuries and expect them to prosper. You have to have a purpose, happiness and many other things that only money cannot provide. It is about time we devised a new system for yourselves before we are too far gone into the abyss of capitalism and forget the right path.

I havent been able to chat with T since our date. I miss him. :(. Well inshallah tomorrow we will have a chat. And I think it is so cute. :). He has started to comment on the blog. And T I like it when you comment. Also, yes you got the spelling of my real name correct. Which is a rare rare feat. :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|