I am feeling like utter scum right now. Me and my cousin went to buy some smokes. He went in to the store and I sat in the car. A guy comes up. Very old, white hair and a white beard. He says "izarband khareed lo" (buy these cloth belts) and I say "nahin nahin" (no no). I thought he would leave but he didnt. He said "acchay laga doon ga" (ill give you a good bargain) and I say "nahin nahin". Then he just says "Mushkil kay waqt main kisi ki cheez khareedna bhi sawab ka kaam hay" (in bad times if you buy something from someone even that is a good deed) and he left and went into the bazaar. I was shocked and spellbound. I didnt have a single rupee with me so I couldnt buy anything. But I felt so bad. He was very very poor. He was in a MUCH MUCH bad condition that I was. I kept looking at him until he disappeared in the crowd. What he said to me felt like the breaking of my bond with being a human. I feel like I have betrayed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|